Following the batch lady’s method will show you how to make fast, simple, homemade, portion controlled meals, that can be prepared in under 10 minutes, then frozen for whenever you need them. This is the Batch Ladys recipe for a chicken pie using frozen and dried ingredients.
Chicken Pie by The Batch Lady
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 packet of filo pastry
- 1 leek, 10 chunks if frozen Leeks,
- ½ cup frozen sliced Carrots
- ¾ cup or 200ml Chicken stock, or a stock cube made up to 200ml
- 125ml or ½ cup double cream (can use milk for a healthier alternative)
- 3 tbsp. plain flour
- 1 tbsp. or ½oz Butter
- ½ a tsp. dried Tarragon
- Pre heat the over to 180 c
- Cook the chicken breasts wrapped in sliver foil in the oven until the chicken is cooked through
- While the chicken is cooking, cook the carrots and leeks in a pan with a small amount of the butter, once all soft add the flour, stock, cream and the tarragon and stir.
- Next chop the chicken and add it to the pan.
- Ready for the freezer
- Put the mixture in a large labelled freezer bag, flatten and seal so that it is airtight. Freeze your filo pastry beside the bag so you are ready to grab both when needed. (I buy already frozen pastry so it is always in the freezer, ready for a pie top to be created).
- Ready to Eat
- Defrost, pie filling and pastry, add pie filling to dish.
- Next brush filo pasty sheets with warm butter or milk then crumple filo pastry on the top of the pie as if it was crumpled balls of paper.
- Bake at 180 for around 25 minutes, checking that the top does not Burn.
- Batching I always make 2 of these at a time, simply double all the ingredients!
- Servings : 4