This spicy ‘carb free’ dish is super on its own, as part of a curry feast or as a side dish.
Indian Spiced Cauliflower Steak – By the Kitchen at Whitmuir
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 large cauliflower
- For the marinade
- 4tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 packet fresh coriander
- 1 thumb fresh ginger
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 fresh chopped chilli
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp onion seeds
- 1 juice lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven 200C/ gas 6
- Place the cumin, coriander, fennel, mustard seeds in a dry pan and toast until they start to pop, and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile peel the garlic and ginger.
- Once the spices are cool, place in a blender and pulse until smooth. (I find having a small coffee grinder helpful for this job).
- Heat 3tbsp of the oil, add the turmeric and cook for a few minutes then add the ground spices.
- Grate the garlic and ginger, chop the coriander and the chilli, salt and place into the oil with the spices and continue to cook for a few minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and the remaining tbsp of oil.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and the bulb at the bottom and cut it into four steaks about 15mm thick.
- Place a piece of greaseproof paper on a tray.
- Brush the steaks with the marinade and cover with foil and bake for 20min, remove from the oven and take off the foil, return to the oven to brown, stick a knife in to make sure they are cooked. Enjoy with a roast chicken and a dollop of mint yogurt