Enjoy with pasta, spread onto bruschetta and top with roasted cherry tomatoes, stuff into a chicken breast and bake or even topping for a savoury scone.
Roasted Garlic, Cashew & Kale Pesto
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 200g Kale
- 100g cashew nuts
- 1 bulb roasted garlic
- 600ml rapeseed oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 100g grated parmesan
- 2 tsp Maldon salt
- Preheat the oven 180C gas mark 4
- Place the garlic on to a tray and drizzle with oil and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the garlic is in the oven, place the cashews in a dry pan over heat for a few minutes until they just change colour, remove and set aside to cool.
- Remove the garlic from the oven and allow to cool until you can handle it - just squeeze the bottom and the garlic will come away easily. Place beside your cashews to cool.
- Wash the kale under cold water and place in a colander - remove all the stalks and discard.
- Roughly chop the leaves and place into your food processor along with the cooled cashews and garlic.
- Pulse until you have a breadcrumb consistency then add the parmesan, salt and the oil and mix well.